JUST ADD WATER AND SHAKE
Splash your way into shape with an invigorating low-impact aquatic exercise. Known as the Zumba® “pool party,” the Aqua Zumba program gives new meaning to the idea of a refreshing workout. Integrating the Zumba philosophy with traditional aquatic fitness disciplines, Aqua Zumba® blends it all together into workout that’s cardio-conditioning, body-toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief.
Importance of Music
We all know how important music is in motivating the participants to exercising with Zumba. The same is true with Aqua Zumba. Participants must be able to hear the rhythms as the music guides the movements in the water.
Class Structure & Breakdown
- Warm Up
- Training Phase
- Circuit Training
- Cool Down
The Zumba Formula makes Zumba unique and revolutionary in the fitness world. Here are the three elements:
- Flavour of the Music
- Feel the Music
- Follow the Music.
Objectives of Aqua Zumba:
- To encourage more people to move and enjoy physical activity to Latin music in the aquatic environment
- To adapt the movements of the Zumba dance rhythms to the water
- To use water as a tool to increase aerobic and muscular fitness level of the participants
- To provide a basic understanding and application of physiology biomechanics and functional anatomical principles to exercise in the water
- To provide a basic training methodology for fitness training in the water using Zumba licensed music and movements
- To provide modifications necessary to avoid injury while training in the water
- To provide a fun and enjoyable environment for people with varying fitness levels
- Regular Zumba cards are valid and can be used to Zumba in water!